CLINICIAL INTERN (Per Diem)
Child & Youth WelfareMental Health
Child & Youth Welfare, Mental Health
Salary:Start $10.50 plus Per Diem
Occupations:Program Expertise and Experience: Programs - Clinical Care, Programs - Mental Health
Job Description:CLINICIAL INTERN (Per Diem)
On-Call position under the general direction of the Program Supervisor. Responsible for providing a wide variety of individual, family, and group therapy; case management counseling; crisis intervention; and advocacy services to families, children, and other clients in accordance with their specific therapeutic needs.
Job Requirements:Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Under clinical supervision, provides direct clinical and related therapeutic services to clients and/or their families documented on a progress note in timely manner per contract compliance.
- Gathering client’s history, Assessing the needs of clients, formulating psychosocial diagnosis, and determining the most appropriate method(s) of providing treatment such as individual, family and group therapy; client advocacy, outreach, liaison services; art, music or movement therapy; supportive counseling and crisis intervention documented on a service plan completed in timely manner.
- Complies with monthly target revenue as established by the Agency.
- Responsible for building client case load to ensure monthly target revenue is met.
- Confirms quality service delivery through completion and submission of outcome measures.
- Participates in clinical supervision by coming prepared to discuss casework, accepts constructive feedback and puts feedback into clinical practice with clients.
- Participates in treatment team meetings to formulate psychosocial diagnosis and treatment plans that include individual, group/family therapy, and case management services.
- Participates as a member of the team including: active participation in staff meetings, conferences, consultations, in-service training, supervision and evaluation; sharing client information and observations; makes a positive contribution to staff morale and teamwork.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- MA Degree (i.e., MFT or MSW preferred); Registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- Must maintain CA BBS registration as a condition of employment.
- Previous employment experience with children and families.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, proof of automobile insurance and meet the Agency’s safe driver guidelines.
- Availability of a personal car with appropriate insurance which employee is willing to use for all Agency business, if needed; adhering to federal motor vehicle safety standards when transporting children.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Ability to work varied hours including evenings, nights and weekends.
- Effective helping relationships with the ethnic and cultural groups served by the program.
- Working knowledge of the family patterns, child-rearing practices, special needs, traditions and values of the ethnic and cultural groups served by the program.
Address:760 W. Mountain View Street