Data Systems Administrator
Occupations:TITLE (JOB LEVEL): Manager / Deputy Director
Information Technology / Systems: Information Systems Management
The Research and Evaluation (R&E) Department supports YPI in its mission of providing quality, high-impact programming. We are currently seeking a full-time Data Systems Administrator. The position will support with the design and implementation of YPI’s various data software programs into a streamlined and integrated data management system. The Administrator will ensure the system’s integrity and security, and support with developing systems allowing staff to effectively use data for grant and outcome monitoring, resource development, and operational purposes. Additionally, she/he will support the development of policies and procedures based on best practices that allow for continuous improvement in data management. The Data Systems Administrator will work closely with the R&E Data Systems staff to support in meeting these goals.
Data Systems Management & Programmatic Support
- Support with implementing data system policies and procedures across the agency.
- Support in developing and building out the architecture of the agency’s various data management software to best fit agency’s strategic goals and reporting requirements.
- Aid in development of system requirements to support streamlined data reporting to facilitate data integration across YPI departments and grants.
- Facilitate database trainings and provide general technical assistance on use of database, best practices with entering data, validation and pulling reports.
- Troubleshoot data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Prepare and clean up secondary data imports from partners and school sites.
- Manage quality control checks on all data collected
- Support with building out the reporting framework that supports alignment of YPI outcomes and allows for effective program monitoring.
- Support with developing data systems best practices and procedures manuals.
- Implement data systems upgrades.
- Implement data security policies and practices based on data types, staff roles and reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Support with creation and implementation of an audit process to test and improve data security parameters, practices and integrity of database.
- Implement changes to data system in accordance with requirements and specifications. and clearly document all requirements, use cases, test scenarios, and system specifications.
- Support with data migration from secondary sources.
- Run quantitative analysis to see realtionships between program participation and outcome data.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum two-three years’ experience working with data systems within a non-profit environment
- Experience with case management software
- Experience with creating database frameworks and disseminating data to inform programmatic or operational decisions
- Advanced computer skills; MS Office, statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA, R).
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task to handle various projects and responsibilities
- Superb attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor, confidentiality, and respect of multicultural environment.
- Access to reliable transportation for frequent travel between sites.