COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Child & Youth WelfareMental Health
Child & Youth Welfare, Mental Health
Employment Type:Full time
Occupations:Development / Fundraising: Development / Advancement Generalist, Development and Marketing, Special Events, Special Events - Walkathons etc, Outreach / Community relations
Job Description:COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Position under the general direction of the Chief Advancement Officer. Responsible for: Coordinating Five Acres’ internal and external communications including its overall brand and communications messaging. Support Five Acres marketing efforts and oversee organizational messaging and constituent services.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Drafts and distributes executive messages of Five Acres developments, prepares presentations and internal communications as needed.
· Advises on materials that fit the agency’s branding strategies for employees in departments and programs to use for marketing materials and communications, including the development, implementation and distribution of the agency’s monthly newsletter, Five Forward.
· Monitors compliance to Five Acres "core" communications to ensure organizational consistency; reviews, edits and approves informational and other documents that will be representative of the agency.
· Edits, proofreads, fact-checks, and coordinates production of a variety of corporate and marketing communications materials; ensures that communications are accurate, clear, complete; grammatically correct and with a consistent tone.
· Communicates with the media and other interested parties to promote the organization, cultivate interest and discuss industry/organizational changes in a way that maintains a positive image of the organization.
· Establishes effective working relationships with members of the media, maintaining media contacts and information lists and monitors media coverage; writes and distributes press releases, press kits, arranges interviews, media alerts, and pitch letters and coordinates organizational response to media inquiries about Five Acres.
· Coordinates with CAO the development and distribution of the monthly online external newsletter, eblasts and the annual report.
· Utilizes and oversees all social media platforms to introduce and promote Five Acres and integrates with website; reviews and tracks results with impact reports.
· Oversees website development and maintenance to ensure it remains up-to-date and correctly formatted; serves as executive editor and manager for the organization's website and social media platforms.
· Coordinates all event design with agency designer for save the dates, invitations and program books to ensure consistent messaging and branding.
Job Requirements:Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
· Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
· Knowledge of communications and marketing practices preferred.
· Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with the media, staff, and the public.
· Very effective communication skills including persuasive writing, editing for content, format, style, grammar and proofing.
· Strong personal computer skills including Microsoft Office and desktop publishing, plus a strong knowledge of social media platforms.
· Working knowledge of print production practices.
Address:760 W. Mountain View Street