HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Child & Youth WelfareMental Health
Child & Youth Welfare, Mental Health
Employment Type:Full time
Occupations:Human Resources: Recruitment
Job Description:HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Position under the general direction of the Recruiter. Responsible for: Performing a wide variety of skilled duties relating to human resources functions, including recruitment, onboarding, human resources information systems, policies and practices. Participate in the overall human resources function to position the Agency as an employer of choice among nonprofit human service organizations.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Performs recruitment, selection and other employment activities for all positions including managers, professionals, technical and support staff; works with managers to coordinate personnel needs.
· Processes in e3 and secures all education, credentials (licensure) and employment/professional verifications for candidates, new hires and current employees.
· Secures drivers’ driving and other records; notifies hiring manager and recruiter regarding final status for new hires; ensures licenses remain current.
· Contacts selected applicants and interns to schedule pre-employment appointments; ensure complete hiring documents for all new staff.
· Assists with facilities roster maintenance in accordance with licensing requirements.
· Prepares and sends letters to unsuccessful applicants notifying them of status of position for which they applied; maintains logs; files declined employment applications in accordance with Agency records retention guidelines.
· Assist in the continued development and implementation of agency wellness initiatives as well as committee participation.
· Prepares a wide variety of routine and complex correspondence, forms, reports and similar items using word processing, spreadsheet or desktop publishing software applications.
· Creates, maintains and updates department files as required by applicable state and federal laws and Agency policies and procedures.
· Responds to telephone calls and emails from staff, prospective candidates, outside contacts in a timely, friendly manner and assists callers as able.
· Exercises good business judgment and discretion to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding employee, client and agency records.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Actively participate in agency driven committees for staff holiday/ appreciation functions; team five acres.
· Develops and maintains productive and effective team relationship within the Agency.
· Maintains confidentiality regarding employees and operations of the Agency.
· Supports Agency philosophies, policies and practices.
Job Requirements:Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field (or equivalent work experience); progressive human resource, recruiting experience
· Related HR Certification preferred (e.g., PHR, PHRca SHRM-CP)
· Extremely organized and detailed oriented
· Ability to work well in a team setting; however, able to perform effectively by themselves with minimal supervision
· Very effective oral and written communication skills sufficient to write comprehensive reports and policies, study and interpret legal documents, develop/implement presentations for management and staff, and represent the Agency to vendors.
· Working knowledge of the regulations associated with leaves of absence and benefits and a general knowledge of all other human resources/labor laws.
· Basic math skills sufficient to monitor routine budgets, calculate/balance invoices, timesheets and similar transactions.
· Personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and HRIS
· The analytical skills, experience and good judgment to make decision within policies
· Ability to adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge
· Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and implement new programs
· Valid California Driver License, proof of automobile insurance and meet the Agency’s safe driver guidelines
· A keen appreciation and understand of the Agency’s mission, values and philosophy
Address:760 W. Mountain View Street