HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Child & Youth WelfareMental Health
Child & Youth Welfare, Mental Health
Employment Type:Full time
Occupations:Human Resources: HR Generalist
Job Description:HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Position under the general direction of the Chief Administration Officer. Responsible for: Performing a wide variety of skilled duties relating to human resources functions, including, leave of absence administration, employee relations, record keeping, compliance, workers compensation, and policies and practices. Participate in the overall human resources function to position the Agency as an employer of choice among nonprofit human service organizations.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Leave of Absence Administration
· Administers leaves of absence for Agency employees; receives initial notification from employee or supervisor; obtains appropriate documentation; designates leave (e.g. FMLA/CFRA/PDL, etc); ensures written documentation/communication with employee regarding leave, disability and benefits information; tracks timeline and communicates with employee and manager as necessary.
· Counsels and advises supervisors and employees on Agency human resources policies, and related employment laws.
· Provides new hire orientation for new employees, as needed; inspects documentation and license information to ensure compliance with laws and policies, supervises the establishment of employee files – hard copy and electronic.
· Oversees workers’ compensation claims management: receives/follows-up on initial notification from employee or supervisor; obtains appropriate documentation; communicates with employee, occupational clinic, treating physician, third party administrators, as needed.
· Ensures initial reports of injury for workers compensation claims are completed by employee and supervisors; submit claims to insurance carrier in a timely manner; maintains communications with injured employee and carrier; completes Cal OSHA log as required by law.
· Assists in the resolution of employee complaints; counsels employees on employment related matters.
· May participate in the development and implementation of employee services/committees such as, Team Five Acres; safety awareness, and employee recreational and morale-enhancing social events.
· Participates as a member of the human resources team to promote the Agency's goals and philosophies to staff; participates in human resources-related committees; and actively cooperates with others in support of the Agency’s goals.
Record keeping, Compliance, Supervisory
· Establishes and maintains including HRIS, ensuring confidentiality of same; gathers and analyzes data and provides supervisor and others with routine and special reports (e.g., turnover, hiring statistics, employee relations issues, etc.); and ensures preparation and submission of employee information to government agencies as required by law.
· Develops and maintains working knowledge of labor and related laws, industry trends, and effective human resources practices through participation in seminars and classes, membership in professional organizations, reading and contacts in the industry.
· Ensures confidentiality of all employee data in accordance with privacy policies.
Job Requirements:Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field (or equivalent work experience) and 2 years human resource generalist experience.
· SPHR-CA or PHR-CA preferred.
· Demonstrated skills in resolving employee relations issues, typically resulting from several years of related experience.
· The ability to implement new human resource programs designed to meet organization objectives (e.g. retention, compensation, employee services).
· A working knowledge of all human resource activities and associated state and federal regulations (e.g. COBRA, Wage and Hour laws, Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment regulations, OSHA, Workers? Compensation, American with Disabilities Act, FMLA, CFRA, etc.)
· The analytical skills, experience and good judgment to make decisions within policies.
· Ability to adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
· Very effective oral and written communications skills sufficient to write comprehensive reports and policies, study and interpret legal documents, develop/implement presentations for management and staff, and represent the Agency at hearings and to vendors.
· Demonstrated leadership skills to promote necessary changes.
· Current California driver's license, State-required insurance and a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier, when using personal vehicle on Agency business.
· A keen appreciation and understanding of the Agency’s mission and philosophy.
Address:760 W. Mountain View Street