Manager , IT Services
Occupations:TITLE (JOB LEVEL): Manager / Deputy Director
Information Technology / Systems: Information Systems Management
With supervision of the Sr. Director - IT Service Management, the IT Services Manager is responsible for leading and/or supporting a broad array of IT operational processes and customer-facing information systems. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Managing IT finances – preparing budgets and tracking spend, evaluating IT contracts, and procuring and managing IT equipment and services.
• Tracking IT operational metrics and making recommendations to improve IT service delivery and program / project management capabilities.
• Leading user-groups to define collaboration technology needs, identifying and deploying solutions.
• Curating, creating and delivering end-user training for IT managed systems to ensure optimal use.
• Maintaining IT’s customer-facing and internal portal.
• Providing administrative support, as needed, to the Sr. VP – IT.
Strategy & Planning
• Maintain expertise with the organization’s current collaboration platforms and continually research the collaboration technology market.
• Apply knowledge of collaboration services and suggest improvements to enable better employee-to-employee, business process and project collaboration.
• Create and lead user groups to promote and gather requirements for collaborative technologies (e.g. SharePoint, Office 365).
• Lead the technology budget planning process for BGCA departments. Provide technical guidance and support on any technology related items that should be budgeted for.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Curate and create needs-based training materials, maintain a course catalog, and educate BGCA so that they can leverage available collaborative technologies.
• Manage projects to deliver new or improved capabilities across the range of functional accountabilities.
• Develop or configure technology-based solutions to support and enable business needs.
• Provide active leadership, guidance and administrative technical assistance in the development and execution of IT projects.
• Develop and manage processes for IT Intake requests to ensure a timely response to customer requests.
Service Delivery & Operational Management
• Develop and manage IT financial processes, including: budgeting / forecasting, procurement, invoicing / check requests, and asset management
• Maintain vendor relationships.
• Engage with BGCA departments to identify needs and plan for the centralized procurement, deployment and retirement of BGCA personal computing equipment.
• Monitor and evaluate contracts for quality and adherence to BGCA policy, and train IT staff on contract management processes.
• Identify new content for and maintain IT’s customer-facing portal, ensuring that site design is contemporary and meets the needs of the different customer groups.
• Develop easy-to-understand communications to all IT stakeholders.
• Track compliance with key IT controls, especially those around information security
• Provide administrative support to the Sr VP - IT, including: calendar management, meeting logistics, content development and proofing, travel planning, etc.
• Demonstrate BGCA mission driven I*CARE values and integrate these beliefs into our environment and ways of work.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
• Works both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Puts organizational success above personal or departmental agendas
• Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and independent thinking
• Focuses attention on items with the highest priority / greatest potential
• Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
• Remains flexible and can react and adjust promptly and efficiently
• Maintains positive outlook and ability to execute while under pressure
• Exhibits resourcefulness, finds alternatives and engages experts to quickly resolve problems or develop solutions
• Puts in extra effort when necessary, and holds self and others accountable
• Seeks to learn and is able to understand and apply new technologies
• Thinks critically, evaluates assumptions and has a keen attention to detail
• Makes sound decisions in face of uncertainty, and takes appropriate risks
• Learns from challenges and mistakes
• Elicits support and cooperation from a wide variety of sources and stakeholders
• Builds trust and rapport quickly, and relates well to people of varying backgrounds
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal / written communication skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Shares information in an open and transparent fashion
• Balance of business acumen and technical skills
• Actively works to keep multiple service provider team dynamics constructive
• Strong customer service orientation and skills
Bachelor’s degree or education/experience equivalency.
At least 3 years of demonstrated applicable experience to the duties listed.
Environmental and Working Conditions
Normal internal office environment. Travel estimated at 5-10% as required (can be 3 - 5 days or more in a month - including weekends - depending upon scheduling requirements). The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using a map or other direction methods. Ability to travel by car or airplane. Evening and weekend work as required to achieve personal and departmental goals.